Everyone who goes on a Walt Disney World vacation
gets a MagicBand. The handy little bracelet is your park ticket, holds all of your Disney Dining Plan meal credits, allows you to purchase merchandise, and unlocks your hotel room door. But sometimes MagicBands fail, which is where the My Disney Experience App comes in.
Everyone with a smartphone heading to Disney World should already have this app downloaded (it’s a huge life-saver). It’s where you can see all of your dining reservations, FastPass+ experiences, and park times. It’s also where you can unlock your hotel room door in the event that your MagicBand isn’t linked to your account correctly (it happens more than you think). So, here’s how to save your vacation from extra stress and do it through the app:
- Make sure the Bluetooth on your phone is turned on.
- Open the My Disney Experience app and click on your hotel reservation.
- Select the “Unlock Door” option.
- Tap to agree to use your phone to unlock your door.
- Hold your phone against the door lock where you would normally touch your MagicBand.
- Your door is now unlocked and you can go inside!